Lesson Summary for October 19, 2014
God Gives Hope
Lesson Text: Job 24:1, 9-12, 19-25; Psalm 55:16
Background Scripture: Job 5, 24; Psalm 55:12-23
Memory Verse: As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me (Psalm 55:16).
Job 24:1, 9-12, 19-25 (KJV)
1. Why, seeing times are not hidden from the Almighty, do they that know him not see his days?
9. They pluck the fatherless from the breast, and take a pledge of the poor.
10. They cause him to go naked without clothing, and they take away the sheaf from the hungry;
11. Which make oil within their walls, and tread their winepresses, and suffer thirst.
12. Men groan from out of the city, and the soul of the wounded crieth out: yet God layeth not folly to them.
19. Drought and heat consume the snow waters: so doth the grave those which have sinned.
20. The womb shall forget him; the worm shall feed sweetly on him; he shall be no more remembered; and wickedness shall be broken as a tree.
21. He evil entreateth the barren that beareth not: and doeth not good to the widow.
22. He draweth also the mighty with his power: he riseth up, and no man is sure of life.
23. Though it be given him to be in safety, whereon he resteth; yet his eyes are upon their ways.
24. They are exalted for a little while, but are gone and brought low; they are taken out of the way as all other, and cut off as the tops of the ears of corn.
25. And if it be not so now, who will make me a liar, and make my speech nothing worth?
16. As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me.
To understand that God allows us to speak freely to Him.
MESSAGE TO CHILDREN
1. Job felt as if his life had been turned upside down.
2. Job believed that God would hear his prayers.
3. Job turned to God for help.
4. God gave Job the power to remain faithful.
WOrDs TO KNOW And Explain
Confess to tell the truth
Faithful reliable, trusted, or believed
Pledge a promise or agreement to do something.
Righteous a good person with standards of morality or justice.
Serving to help someone.
Sin to break Gods law.
Suffering a person who feels pain or distress.
Wicked an evil or morally bad person.
Widow a woman who has lost her husband by death and has not remarried.